Sandrine Jousse-joulin (lead)
George Bruyn (mentor)
Juan jose de Agustin
Working group OMERACT > Sjögren
Objective of the subgroups work:
To establish the role of US
1. To detect echo structural abnormalities in primary Sjogren syndrome patients (pSS)
2. To establish a consensual definitions of elementary lesions
3. To establish a consensual scoring system to evaluate echo structural lesions in Sjogren patients
4. To monitor treatment using ultrasound in pSS patients
5. To guide parotid gland biopsy with US
What is the contribution of the subgroup work to the OMERACT work?
To standardize the scanning technique and definition used for the US assessment in pSS patients
To agree on which US elementary lesions should be included as disease activity assessment in pSS
To agree on which vascularization scoring should be used during US assessment in pSS
Description of the previous work
This subgroup was founded in June 2016.
A systematic literature search using the PubMed, Embase and Cochrane Library databases for studies using US in assessing Sjögren were extracted and studied.
A DELPHI exercise on US elementary lesions was done and presented (EULAR MADRID 2017)
A reliability exercise on US pSS videos has been done (paper in submission)
A reliability exercise on patients has been done in Freiburg (paper is under construction)
Reporting back of work done since ACR 2017
Next steps and discussion points
Photography of normal vascularization in healthy people.