Andrea Delle Sedie
Maria Antonietta D'Agostino
Mario Enrique Diaz Cortes
Mohamed Atia Mortada
Valentina Di Sabatino
Working group OMERACT > CPPD
Georgios Filippou and Nemanja Damjanov
Objective of the subgroups work:
The subtask force was founded in 2014 with the objective to validate US for use in Calcium Pyrophosphate deposition Disease (CPPD) for diagnosis, assessment of inflammation, assessment of structural damage and extension of CPP deposition in tissues.
What is the contribution of the subgroup work to the OMERACT work?
The OMERACT CPPD working group has been formed only recently (spring 2019) and in this first phase is concentrating the efforts on the definition of the domains of the disease. The chairs of the two groups are in contact and collaborating in these first steps of the working group. The US subgroup will contribute in the future steps of the process, accordingly with the needs of the CPPD working group.
Description of the previous work
- Investigation of reliability: completed. The new OMARACT definitions demonstrated to be reliable at the level of wrists and knees. The definitions have been used also by external researchers that confirmed the OMERACT group data
1. J Rheumatol. 2017 Nov;44(11):1744-1749. doi: 10.3899/jrheum.161057 - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/282501362
2. Ann Rheum Dis. 2018 Mar 13. pii: annrheumdis-2017-212542. doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2017-212542 - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29535120
3. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2019 May;27(5):781-787. doi:10.1016/j.joca.2018.11.013. Epub 2019 Feb 6. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30738145
- Truth and Discrimination (in progress): preliminary results have been presented in the EULAR (http://scientific.sparx-ip.net/archiveeular/?c=a&searchfor=filippou&view=1&item=2019OP0319)
Reporting back of work done since ACR 2017
The diagnostic accuracy study is actually running. The end of enrolment will be at mid-September and the first draft of the paper will be ready by spring 2020
Next steps and discussion points